Written especially for parents of teenagers, Raising Resilient Teenagers provides a comprehensive guide to building your teenager’s self-esteem and resilience.
This book clearly explains the basics of what self-esteem and resilience are and how they a develop in a teenager’s life. Providing clear and simple explanations, Raising Resilient Teenagers is full of practical advice and ideas for parents to apply with their teenagers.
The first part of the book focuses specifically on teenage self-esteem. In this section you will discover;
- What self-esteem is
- How adolescence impacts self-esteem
- How to determine your teenager’s self-esteem
- How to help your teen form esteem building relationships
- How to create a home environment that builds their self-esteem
The second part of the book focuses on developing resilience in teenagers. The latter half of the book covers;
- What resilience is
- What resilient teenagers have in common
- How to avoid parenting practices that undermine resilience
- How to help your teen develop their resilience
- Step-by-step method of teaching your teen to manage their problems
More Than A Book
Raising Resilient Teenagers is written to be used in conjunction with the Parent Workbook, which comes free with every copy.
The Parent Workbook provides parents with the opportunity to apply what they are reading to their own situation. At the end of each chapter of Raising Resilient Teenagers parents have the opportunity to turn the workbook and be guided through a series of questions and exercises that will help them reflect on both their teenager and their own parenting style.
The Parent Workbook will assist you to;
- Focus in on what is happening with your teenager
- Evaluate your teenager’s self-esteem and resilience
- Reflect and evaluate specific parenting patterns
- Identify steps you need to take as a parent to help your teen
The Parent Workbook also contains tools and exercises you and your teenager can use to help develop self-esteem and resilience.